Loved My Ideal House?
Introducing The Landon Series
The series incorporates many of the design and sustainability features of this ideal home. The Landon Series includes Homes by Mirvac designs that you can build at CREST by Mirvac.
My Ideal House is the fulfilment of a long-held ambition by Australian House & Garden magazine to build a landmark family home in a master-planned community that responds intelligently to the realities of modern life.
Mirvac was a natural partner to deliver My Ideal House, with its 45-year history of reimagining urban life by creating exceptional living experiences and all under one roof expertise in design and construction.
It began with a nationwide competition inviting Australia’s leading architects to design a sustainable, flexible and future-proof home, attracting more than 80 submissions. An expert panel of judges narrowed the list to six then chose the winning design by Paddington-based architect Madeleine Blanchfield, recipient of the 2009 RAIA Housing Award.
Madeleine’s design won the unanimous vote of judges with its street-friendly façade and window box add-ons, offering a haven for its owners, and balancing privacy and connection within while encouraging neighbourliness and community pride.
A worthy winner of My Ideal House, now sold it is the ideal home for it's new resident.
9 Meale Avenue,
- 416 sqm
The Ideal Family Home
There’s plenty to love in this fabulous home but some of the little details we think will inspire you are the multi-purpose room that looks out to the street and the backyard, the cosy cluster of seating around the gas fire, the light and airy living space that blends so beautifully with the backyard and the kitchen that merges seamlessly with the interiors all beautifully furnished by Bowerbird Property Styling. Children will be impressed with bedrooms that have study nooks and parents will delight in the clever arrangement of en suite and wardrobe.
- Ground-level timber ceilings
- Top Knot kitchen joinery
- Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors
- Bradford Solar PV and Tesla battery to reduce energy costs
- 900mm French door fridge
- Reconstituted stone benchtops
- Oak flooring in multi-purpose room, stairs and bedrooms
- Quick step oak timber stairs
- Concrete-look tiles to living/dining/verandah
- Penny round bathroom feature wall
- White satin vanities with Blackwood timber top
- Free-standing bath in main bathroom
- Luxaflex exterior awnings and interior blinds to all bedrooms, multi-purpose room and laundry
- Smeg appliances including 72cm cooktop, oven, integrated dishwasher, range hood, microwave combi-oven, front load washing machine and dryer
- Real Flame gas fire
- Alarm system
- Landscaping by Richard Unsworth, Garden Life
- Grass-Cel driveway and herb garden
PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY:
The Mirvac Group (Mirvac Limited and its controlled entities) collects and uses personal information about you to provide you with information you request from Mirvac. Mirvac also uses your personal information for related purposes including to request your feedback on the products and services provided by Mirvac. If you do not provide all the personal information Mirvac requests from you, Mirvac may be unable to provide these products or services to you.
Mirvac may disclose personal information about you to third party agents and service providers to assist Mirvac in the operation of its business to provide the products and services you request. Your personal information may also be disclosed to overseas recipients who use the personal information to assist Mirvac in the operation of its business.
Promotion of other products and services